MIAMI BEACH (CBSMiami) – Several events will take place on Miami Beach during the Memorial Day holiday weekend along with many visitors planning to soak up the sun.
Before you leave for the beach, be sure to check out the traffic changes and road closures.
Traffic and parking restrictions will be in effect.
For crowd management purposes, a traffic loop will manage public traffic along 5 Street, Washington and Collins Avenues. Alton Road will remain two-way traffic. Barricades will restrict residential areas to “local traffic only” (residents may ask for Miami Beach ID). East/west streets (100 and 200 blocks) will be restricted between Washington Avenue and Ocean Drive, 6 to 15 streets. Local residents with the properly zoned decals will be allowed to park.
– Ocean Drive will be closed Friday May 23, 7:00 a.m. through Tuesday, May 27, 7:00 a.m. Some access to the east/west streets (100 and 200 blocks) between Washington Avenue and Ocean Drive, 6 to 15 streets, will also be restricted. Local residents with the proper zoned decals will be allowed to enter.
– Collins Avenue will be one-way northbound nightly 7:00 p.m. until 7:00 a.m. (Friday-Monday). No street parking will be allowed on Collins Avenue between 5 and 15 streets as those lanes will be used to extend pedestrian pathways. Valet operations will also be moved – guests should check with the hotel for location.
– Washington Avenue will be one-way southbound nightly 7:00 p.m. until 7:00 a.m. (Friday-Monday). Access to east/west streets between 5 and 17 streets will be restricted.
– Alleys must be maintained clear of vehicles at all times and will be strictly enforced.
– Causeways: DUI Checkpoint: 7:00 p.m. Friday to 5:00 a.m. Saturday. DUI saturation throughout the weekend. License plate readers nightly on causeways into Miami Beach.
– Bus Transportation: Miami-Dade Transit including The South Beach Local has numerous routes to, from and around the city.
– Special Parking: All city-owned parking lots and garages will have normal operations with the exception of South Pointe Park, Nikki Beach, and 46 Street lots ($25.00/visitors and $6.00/residents).
– Valet Ramp Relocations: Ocean Drive to the 100 blocks of 7, 9, 12, and 14 streets: Collins Avenue to the 200 blocks of 9, 10, 12, and 13 streets; and Washington Avenue to the 600 and 1200 blocks of Washington Avenue.
A Memorial Day ceremony will take place at 10:00 a.m., Monday May 26 at the Miami Beach Police Station located at 1100 Washington Avenue.
- Longtime Chef: Prince Suffered Throat, Stomach Pains Recently
- Brewers Snap Marlins’ 7-Game Winning Streak
- Tourist Struck By Jet Ski On Biscayne Bay
- Elephants To Perform One Last Time At Ringling Bros. Circus
- Malia Obama Entering Harvard, Plans To Take Year Off First