SOUTHWEST MIAMI-DADE (CBSMiami) – A murder mystery is unfolding in Country Walk. Saturday, a body was discovered inside a home on a quiet cul-de-sac.
Many residents came out of their homes to see the street crawling with police and the road blocked-off to traffic along SW 138 Avenue Saturday afternoon.
Miami-Dade Police confirm they are investigating a homicide, but would not comment on the case.
“We saw (the road) blocked off, the road taped off,” said neighbor Jean LaCharite. “It’s kind of scary. It puts you on your toes.”
Medical examiner public records confirm the body of Robert Castillo was found in his house around 4:45 p.m.
An autopsy reveals the 65-year-old died as a result of sharp force injuries and blunt force injuries.
“I just heard the commotion when I came back home,” a neighbor said. “Everybody was telling me what was going on.”
No one has been arrested for Castillo’s death.
Neighbor’s say Castillo’s step-son, who also lives in the home, has mysteriously disappeared.
“What was the situation that he was staying with them?” asked CBS4’s MaryAnn Martinez. “They were trying to help him out, put him on the right path,” said Eddie Lowe.
Lowe says the only time there was trouble in the street, was when the step son was around.
“I mean any time he’s around, he was usually the one who adds some news to the neighborhood,” said Lowe.
- City Of Coconut Creek Releases Information On Officers Involved In Deadly Chase
- Three People Arrested After Trying To Steal From Best Buy Using Empty Baby Stroller
- Excited Fans Flock To Aventura Mall For Special ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Event
- City Of Miami Ends Red Light Camera Program
- Parents Of Child Who Died After Attending Miami Day Care “Heartbroken”