MIAMI (CBSMiami) – Enjoy the nicer temperatures in South Florida this weekend!
It’s rare that temperatures top out in the lower 80s with no humidity in mid-May.
Lots of sun will be around for the afternoon with high winds building in later in the day.
Winds will be out of the northeast between 10 and 20 mph. Wind gusts could reach 30 mph.
On the water, a Small Craft Advisory is in effect due to winds between 20 and 30 knots. Seas will be between 5 and 7 feet in the Gulf Stream.
Rainy season typically begins around May 20, but this year that will not be the case. The forecast is expected to remain dry into the middle of the week.
Highs Sunday will be in the lower 80s again with strong winds.
The rip current risk will be high at all of South Florida’s beaches through the weekend.
You can follow @bayscroggins on Twitter or “like” Meteorologist Bay Scroggins on Facebook.
- Hurricane Maria: Flash Flooding In Puerto Rico, Conditions Deteriorating In Dominican Republic
- Florida Keys Officials Investigate 9 Irma-Related Deaths, Need IDs
- Florida Lawmakers Get Look First-Hand Look At Keys Damage
- Hurricane Maria Leaves Puerto Rico Completely Without Power
- Florida’s Second Largest Industry Could Be At Mercy Of Congress