MIAMI GARDENS (CBSMiami/AP) — A rally for Nigerian schoolgirls was held Saturday morning in South Florida.
Florida is among those rallying for action to free nearly 300 abducted Nigerian schoolgirls.
Rep. Frederica Wilson was due to address a demonstration Saturday in Miami Gardens.
She says she’s adding her voice “to the chorus heard around the world” to “bring back our girls.”
Leaders from five African nations are gathering in Paris for a summit with officials from the U.S., France and Britain in hopes of coordinating a strategy against Boko Haram, the Islamic extremist group that abducted the girls.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Punta Gorda Police Chief & Officer Charged In Accidental Death During Academy Exercise
- Police: Horseplay Ends With Teen Fatally Shooting Friend In Face
- ‘All Natural’ Food Label Means You’ll Be Willing To Pay More, Study Finds
- Trump’s Focusing Mainly On Jobs, Immigration
- Miami Student’s ‘Doodle For Google’ Aims To Empower Women