Rally Held In South Florida For Nigerian Schoolgirls
MIAMI GARDENS (CBSMiami/AP) — A rally for Nigerian schoolgirls was held Saturday morning in South Florida.
Florida is among those rallying for action to free nearly 300 abducted Nigerian schoolgirls.
Rep. Frederica Wilson was due to address a demonstration Saturday in Miami Gardens.
She says she’s adding her voice “to the chorus heard around the world” to “bring back our girls.”
Leaders from five African nations are gathering in Paris for a summit with officials from the U.S., France and Britain in hopes of coordinating a strategy against Boko Haram, the Islamic extremist group that abducted the girls.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Bush: Borders Less Secure If Congress Cuts Off DHS Dollars
- School Bus Driver Accused Of Sexually Battery Of Child
- Police: Homeowner Shoots, Kills Attempted Burglary Suspect
- FLPD: Car Of Missing Fort Lauderdale Teacher Found
- Man Killed While House Hunting Identified, Gunman At Large