MIAMI (CBSMiami) – A brush fire near Florida City created a traffic detour for drivers traveling to or from Monroe County on U.S. 1 on Saturday, May 17th.
North and southbound lanes on US-1 have been reopened.The fire has been contained.
Both sides had been closed most of the day due to the brush fire near mile marker 124 of US-1.
That stretch of road connects Florida City to Key Largo. Officials closed the highway to traffic due to the fire and smoky conditions in the area.
Forestry officials say at least 140 acres were burned.
The toll on the roadway had been lifted.
Drivers were asked to allow extra time for their ride.
- Federal Judge Orders Florida To Treat Sick Inmates
- Police: Airport Trespasser Spit On Cop, Said He Has HIV
- Arrest Made After Woman Is Mugged, Pistol-Whipped On Miami Beach
- Arrest Made In Dairy Farm Abuse Case As Sheriff Takes Swipe At Activist Who Exposed Case
- Police: Man Claiming To Be HIV Positive Sneaks On Airport Runway, Spits On Arresting Officer