MIAMI (CBSMiami) – A brush fire near Florida City created a traffic detour for drivers traveling to or from Monroe County on U.S. 1 on Saturday, May 17th.
North and southbound lanes on US-1 have been reopened.The fire has been contained.
Both sides had been closed most of the day due to the brush fire near mile marker 124 of US-1.
That stretch of road connects Florida City to Key Largo. Officials closed the highway to traffic due to the fire and smoky conditions in the area.
Forestry officials say at least 140 acres were burned.
The toll on the roadway had been lifted.
Drivers were asked to allow extra time for their ride.
- Traffic Nightmare Ahead For Miami Beach During Memorial Day Weekend
- Man Accused Of Making Bomb Threats Against Pembroke Pines Mosque
- Parkland School Shooting Survivor Protests Publix As NRA Sellout
- Subtropical Storm Alberto Forms In NW Caribbean
- Tax ‘Holiday’ To Trim Cost Of Stocking Up For Storms