Fire Leads To Temporary Closure Of U.S. 1 Near Florida City
Get Breaking News First
Send Us Your Pictures
MIAMI (CBSMiami) – A brush fire near Florida City created a traffic detour for drivers traveling to or from Monroe County on U.S. 1 on Saturday, May 17th.
North and southbound lanes on US-1 have been reopened.The fire has been contained.
Both sides had been closed most of the day due to the brush fire near mile marker 124 of US-1.
That stretch of road connects Florida City to Key Largo. Officials closed the highway to traffic due to the fire and smoky conditions in the area.
Forestry officials say at least 140 acres were burned.
The toll on the roadway had been lifted.
Drivers were asked to allow extra time for their ride.
- Fla. Supreme Court Rules Fla. Virtual School Can Sue Rival
- Coast Guard Offloads $23 Million In Cocaine
- BSO Detectives Search For Victims Of Seductive Serial Burglar
- Arrest Made In Deadly Hit & Run Involving $300K Ferrari
- Iconic Books & Books To Open At Adrienne Arsht Center