MIAMI (CBSMiami) – A brush fire near Florida City created a traffic detour for drivers traveling to or from Monroe County on U.S. 1 on Saturday, May 17th.
North and southbound lanes on US-1 have been reopened.The fire has been contained.
Both sides had been closed most of the day due to the brush fire near mile marker 124 of US-1.
That stretch of road connects Florida City to Key Largo. Officials closed the highway to traffic due to the fire and smoky conditions in the area.
Forestry officials say at least 140 acres were burned.
The toll on the roadway had been lifted.
Drivers were asked to allow extra time for their ride.
- JFK Remembered As Cool & Presidential More Than 50 Years Later
- Miami Beach Official Calls For End To ‘Urban Beach Weekend’ After Deadly Shooting
- Hospital Discharges One Of Two Officers Involved In Wrong-Way Wreck
- Tiger Woods Arrested For DUI In Jupiter
- ‘We Can’t Forget’: Veteran On Sacrifices Made By Service Members & Families