Fire Leads To Temporary Closure Of U.S. 1 Near Florida City
Send Us Your Pictures
MIAMI (CBSMiami) – A brush fire near Florida City created a traffic detour for drivers traveling to or from Monroe County on U.S. 1 on Saturday, May 17th.
North and southbound lanes on US-1 have been reopened.The fire has been contained.
Both sides had been closed most of the day due to the brush fire near mile marker 124 of US-1.
That stretch of road connects Florida City to Key Largo. Officials closed the highway to traffic due to the fire and smoky conditions in the area.
Forestry officials say at least 140 acres were burned.
The toll on the roadway had been lifted.
Drivers were asked to allow extra time for their ride.
- Scuba Diving Santa Submerges In Florida Keys Sanctuary
- 8-Year Old Hit & Run Victim Dies Amid Search For Driver
- Heat Star Celebrates Christmas Early With Children In Need
- Cubans Imprisoned In US Appear Before Parliament
- Hundreds Of Children Get New Set Of Wheels For Christmas