FORT MYERS BEACH (CBSMiami/AP) – A man has been charged in the murders of his ex-wife and her fiancé at a marina in Fort Myers Beach.
Michael Stephen Spiegel, from Miami, has been charged with two counts of first-degree murder and one count of arson in the death of Marilyn Spiegel, 69, and Harry Carlip, 70, according to the The News-Press.
Spiegel and Carlip were found shot dead Thursday morning inside their boat that was docked at a Fort Myers Beach marina.
According to the newspaper, Spiegel told detectives that “something bad happened” when he boarded the boat. He refused to elaborate.
Spiegel was ordered held without bond.
Deputies had been called to the scene after a resident living on a boat heard shots and called 911. Authorities said the disturbance included a small fire on a boat.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2013 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Family Members Rush To Hospital After Several Shot At MLK Day Celebration
- Bikers Race Through Streets For “Wheels Up, Guns Down” Amid Crackdown
- Several People Shot During MLK Day Celebration
- Men Working Underground In Key Largo Collapse, Die
- Owners Of ‘The Greatest Show On Earth’ Hold Press Conference To Discuss Its End