FORT MYERS BEACH (CBSMiami/AP) – A man has been charged in the murders of his ex-wife and her fiancé at a marina in Fort Myers Beach.
Michael Stephen Spiegel, from Miami, has been charged with two counts of first-degree murder and one count of arson in the death of Marilyn Spiegel, 69, and Harry Carlip, 70, according to the The News-Press.
Spiegel and Carlip were found shot dead Thursday morning inside their boat that was docked at a Fort Myers Beach marina.
According to the newspaper, Spiegel told detectives that “something bad happened” when he boarded the boat. He refused to elaborate.
Spiegel was ordered held without bond.
Deputies had been called to the scene after a resident living on a boat heard shots and called 911. Authorities said the disturbance included a small fire on a boat.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2013 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Thanksgiving Parade Features Balloons, Bands, Heavy Security
- Miami Rescue Mission Preparing Meals For South Florida Homeless, Hungry
- Millions Of Holiday Travelers Doing So Under Worldwide Alert
- Police Searching For Suspect Who Stole Hundreds Of Christmas Trees
- Suspected Florida Robber Sorry About Holiday Heist