Authorities: Deceptive Duo Try To Cheat On Police Test
Get Breaking News First
South Florida Crime
MIAMI (CBSMiami) — Authorities have arrested a man accused of trying to cheat on his police exam.
Eduardo Miguel Gonzalez, 23 , was a police applicant for the City of Miami Police Department. He had failed the physical agility test twice before.
According to police, his friend, Carlos Alberto Zayas, 24, was also arrested for allegedly trying to pass himself off as Gonzalez to take the department’s agility test.
Police said Zayas, on May 10th, presented Gonzalez’s Florida Driver’s License when trying to check in for the exam. Officials said the license photograph and physical description did not match Zayas.
Detectives pulled him aside and questioned him.
Police said he allegedly confessed to detectives that he was going to attempt to pass the state mandated test for Gonzalez. He was charged with obstruction by disguised person and resisting arrest without violence.
Officials said they found out Gonzalez was nearby and parked in his car. Detectives arrested him and charged him with unlawful use of license.
- Miami Fire Rescue Lieutenant Arrested For Solicitation Of Minor
- Two Accused Of Practicing Medicine Without A License
- Scott Likely To Continue Hammering Crist Until November
- Incumbent Miami-Dade Commissioner Knocked Off By Newcomer
- Big Retailers Filling Up Shelves With Holiday Gear In August