TALLAHASSEE (CBSMiami/AP) — A fraud investigation has triggered the Florida Lottery to suspend 11 retailers from selling game tickets.
Officials announced Thursday all lottery equipment was being removed and game terminals shut off at each store.
The retailers include seven stores in the Tampa Bay area. The other four were scattered across different regions of the state.
Authorities say their investigation determined fraudulent activity involving the sale or redemption of Lottery tickets may have taken place at the sites.
The suspensions are temporary while the Florida Lottery continues its investigation.
TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Florida Health Dept.: 2 New Possible Locally Acquired Zika Cases
- Kaine: ‘We Know How Critical Florida Is Going To Be’
- Teen Organizes Community Luncheon To Help Bridge Divide Between Police & Citizens
- Day 2 Of Digging At Townhome Of Woman Who Vanished Over 30 Years Ago
- Coast Guard Locates Missing Boaters Off Key West