LOS ANGELES (AP) — Magic Johnson says Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling is “living in the stone ages” in his attitudes about minorities.
In an interview Tuesday with CNN’s Anderson Cooper, Johnson said he was shocked such a prominent man would have such ignorant views on HIV and AIDS.
Sterling made his first public comments Monday since racist recordings emerged last month and earned him a lifetime NBA ban. In an interview with Cooper, he repeatedly brought up the ex-NBA star’s HIV and called him an unfit role model for children.
Johnson told Cooper he didn’t know how he got stuck in the middle of a personal dispute between Sterling and V. Stiviano. She recorded the comments with Sterling, and her photo of herself and Johnson on Instagram helped spur Sterling’s racist remarks.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Alec Baldwin ‘Stunned’ At Popularity Of Trump Impression
- New Trailer For Spider-Man: Homecoming Released
- CBS4’s Lauren Pastrana To Host VH1 Save The Music Foundation Event Tuesday Night
- Organizers Declare Ultra An Electrifying Success
- CBS Announces Season Finale Airdates: Big Bang Theory, NCIS And Others