MIAMI (CBSMiami) – Boynton Beach police are investigating after videos surfaced online which show one of their officers putting a child in a choke hold and then kicking the legs out from under him causing him to slam to the ground.
The videos, posted on YouTube, are from a cell phone and they appear to have been shot through an open school bus window.
The two videos, reportedly shot last Thursday, show two boys with their arms restrained behind their backs. One video shows one boy sitting on the ground, the other is put into choke hold and then forced to side down beside him.
“I got off the bus, they threw on handcuffs, they said don’t speak when I was spoken to and then he spoke to me and he said be quiet, I was talking and he slapped me,” said Kevin Jean Baptiste.
The second video shows an officer walking by a boy who is standing and kicking his legs out from under him.
On Tuesday, police issued a statement which said the department was “investigating the circumstances surrounding this situation and have placed one of the officers on administrative duty.”
It went on to say that “despite the fact that we have received no formal complaints at this time, we are committed to reviewing the situation in its entirety and taking whatever action is deemed most appropriate at the conclusion of our investigation.”
- One Dead, Two Wounded In Early Morning Miami Gardens Shooting
- 5 Dead As SUV Chased By Border Patrol Crashes In South Texas
- Police Identify Victim Of Deadly Drive-By Shooting In Miami Gardens
- Former Trump Operative Roger Stone Met With Russian Who Wanted $2M For Clinton Dirt
- Trump Again Falsely Blames Democrats For Administration’s Family Separations