MIAMI (CBSMiami) – Boynton Beach police are investigating after videos surfaced online which show one of their officers putting a child in a choke hold and then kicking the legs out from under him causing him to slam to the ground.
The videos, posted on YouTube, are from a cell phone and they appear to have been shot through an open school bus window.
The two videos, reportedly shot last Thursday, show two boys with their arms restrained behind their backs. One video shows one boy sitting on the ground, the other is put into choke hold and then forced to side down beside him.
“I got off the bus, they threw on handcuffs, they said don’t speak when I was spoken to and then he spoke to me and he said be quiet, I was talking and he slapped me,” said Kevin Jean Baptiste.
The second video shows an officer walking by a boy who is standing and kicking his legs out from under him.
On Tuesday, police issued a statement which said the department was “investigating the circumstances surrounding this situation and have placed one of the officers on administrative duty.”
It went on to say that “despite the fact that we have received no formal complaints at this time, we are committed to reviewing the situation in its entirety and taking whatever action is deemed most appropriate at the conclusion of our investigation.”
- Homeowner Awakened To Find Car Inside Living Room
- Kushner Emerging As Central Figure In Russian Involvement With Trump Administration
- Rep Says David Cassidy In Hospital, ‘Surrounded By Family’
- LaVar Ball Belittles Trump’s Role In Release Of Son, UCLA Players After Theft In China
- Federal Judge Orders Florida To Treat Sick Inmates