MIAMI (CBSMiami/AP) — During a speech at the National Press Club in Washington on Tuesday, Senator Marco Rubio is expected to outline his ideas for strengthening retirement security for Americans.
The Florida Republican is expected to propose overhauling federal entitlement programs such as Medicare and Social Security. He will also detail ways to make it easier for younger workers to save for retirement and remove financial penalties on seniors who choose to work longer.
The freshman senator has been sounding a message of boosting the middle class as he weighs a presidential run in 2016. The retirement security plan is the latest in a series of proposals on poverty, higher education and economic growth.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Sightseeing Duck Trolley Catches Fire On MacArthur Causeway
- BSO Needs Help Identifying Robber Caught On Surveillance In Violent ATM Robbery
- Liberty City Students Taken To Hospital After Ingesting Drug
- Intelligence Sources: Officials Believe Russia Tried To Influence Election, Favored Trump
- Exclusive: Bully Brawl At Broward School Brings Criminal Charges