MIAMI (CBSMiami/AP) — During a speech at the National Press Club in Washington on Tuesday, Senator Marco Rubio is expected to outline his ideas for strengthening retirement security for Americans.
The Florida Republican is expected to propose overhauling federal entitlement programs such as Medicare and Social Security. He will also detail ways to make it easier for younger workers to save for retirement and remove financial penalties on seniors who choose to work longer.
The freshman senator has been sounding a message of boosting the middle class as he weighs a presidential run in 2016. The retirement security plan is the latest in a series of proposals on poverty, higher education and economic growth.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- A Little Trim, A Little Politics In A New Hampshire Barbershop
- “Bellissima” Exhibition Highlights Italy’s Creativity, High Fashion & Art
- UM Students Use Advertising To Support Local Charity Groups
- Dems Ready For Long, Pricey Primary Between Clinton, Sanders
- Sunrise Man Arrested For Exposing Himself To Kids At Playground