Former VA Tight End Lands At Florida
Sports Fan Insider
GAINESVILLE (AP) — Former Virginia tight end Jake McGee has landed at Florida.
McGee, who earned his undergraduate degree last month and decided to transfer for graduate school, attended classes Monday in Gainesville and will be eligible to play for the Gators this fall.
The 6-foot-6, 250-pound McGee led the Cavaliers with 43 receptions for 395 yards last season. He sat out Virginia’s spring game with what were called minor injuries, but had drawn raves for his work during spring practice.
McGee will provide new offensive coordinator Kurt Roper with a versatile threat in the passing game and a seasoned veteran in the locker room.
While at Duke, Roper recruited McGee out of the Collegiate School in Richmond, Virginia. McGee opted to sign with the Cavaliers but remained familiar with Roper’s up-tempo offense.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Raiders Make Tony Sparano Interim Head Coach
- Twitter Responds To Tom Brady Getting Benched
- FCC Unanimously Votes To Get Rid Of NFL Blackout Rule
- Playoff Pinch Hits: American League Wild-Card Tale Of Two Underdogs
- NFL Says Chiefs’ Abdullah Shouldn’t Have Been Penalized For Praying After Touchdown