Former VA Tight End Lands At Florida
GAINESVILLE (AP) — Former Virginia tight end Jake McGee has landed at Florida.
McGee, who earned his undergraduate degree last month and decided to transfer for graduate school, attended classes Monday in Gainesville and will be eligible to play for the Gators this fall.
The 6-foot-6, 250-pound McGee led the Cavaliers with 43 receptions for 395 yards last season. He sat out Virginia’s spring game with what were called minor injuries, but had drawn raves for his work during spring practice.
McGee will provide new offensive coordinator Kurt Roper with a versatile threat in the passing game and a seasoned veteran in the locker room.
While at Duke, Roper recruited McGee out of the Collegiate School in Richmond, Virginia. McGee opted to sign with the Cavaliers but remained familiar with Roper’s up-tempo offense.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Audio: Bruce Bowen on Joe Rose Show
- Marlins Consider Their Infield Makeover An Upgrade
- Miami’s Whiteside, Phoenix’s Len Fined By NBA
- Heat Look To Maintain Playoff Positioning Against Lowly Lakers
- Erik Spoelstra and Girlfriend Nikki Sapp Sang Billie Jean at Battioke 2015 [Video]