Former VA Tight End Lands At Florida
GAINESVILLE (AP) — Former Virginia tight end Jake McGee has landed at Florida.
McGee, who earned his undergraduate degree last month and decided to transfer for graduate school, attended classes Monday in Gainesville and will be eligible to play for the Gators this fall.
The 6-foot-6, 250-pound McGee led the Cavaliers with 43 receptions for 395 yards last season. He sat out Virginia’s spring game with what were called minor injuries, but had drawn raves for his work during spring practice.
McGee will provide new offensive coordinator Kurt Roper with a versatile threat in the passing game and a seasoned veteran in the locker room.
While at Duke, Roper recruited McGee out of the Collegiate School in Richmond, Virginia. McGee opted to sign with the Cavaliers but remained familiar with Roper’s up-tempo offense.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Florida State Freshman QB De’Andre Johnson Charged With Battery
- Top Moments In U.S. Women’s Soccer History
- Coyle: Brent Grimes is ‘Finest Athlete I’ve Ever Been Around’
- Mannix: Until Wade Signs Elsewhere, ‘I’m Just Not Gonna Believe It’
- Report: Dwyane Wade Met With Micky Arison