TALLAHASSEE (CBSMiami/AP) — While Governor Rick Scott has more money in a bank account, Former Governor and democratic candidate for governor, Charlie Crist, is beginning to keep pace with the fundraising.
Campaign reports filed Monday show former Gov. Charlie Crist raised more than $2.2 million in April for his campaign and a related political committee.
Republican incumbent Scott raised more than $1.3 million during the month for his campaign and political committee.
The Scott campaign maintains that it still edged Crist because the governor also raised an additional $1.4 million for the Republican Party of Florida. The party is allowed by law to pay for certain campaign expenses. But these amounts cannot be verified in state records.
Records show that Scott had $21.5 million on hand at end of April while Crist had $8.64 million.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Child Survives Gunfire, Two Adults Dead In Little Havana Home
- Mother: Police Should Have Recognized Man Was Autistic Before Shooting
- Shooting Leaves Man Dead At Miami Gardens Gas Station
- Hemingway Look-Alikes Stage ‘Key West Version’ of Pamplona Bull Run
- Clinton & Kaine Debut In Miami As Democratic Ticket