TALLAHASSEE (CBSMiami/AP) — While Governor Rick Scott has more money in a bank account, Former Governor and democratic candidate for governor, Charlie Crist, is beginning to keep pace with the fundraising.
Campaign reports filed Monday show former Gov. Charlie Crist raised more than $2.2 million in April for his campaign and a related political committee.
Republican incumbent Scott raised more than $1.3 million during the month for his campaign and political committee.
The Scott campaign maintains that it still edged Crist because the governor also raised an additional $1.4 million for the Republican Party of Florida. The party is allowed by law to pay for certain campaign expenses. But these amounts cannot be verified in state records.
Records show that Scott had $21.5 million on hand at end of April while Crist had $8.64 million.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Bei Bei The Panda Melts Hearts Playing In Water
- Defendant In Alleged Daycare Molestation Will Not Face Charges
- Protesters, Police Clash At California Hotel Before Trump Speech
- “Stupid Argument” Led To Deadly Pompano Beach Shooting
- FHP: Surveyor Killed By I-95 Driver Who Swerved To Avoid Another Car