Toddlers Found In Pool Have Died
MIAMI (CBSMiami) – Two toddlers found floating face down in a pool at their grandfather’s home in Lakeland have died.
Silas Lugo-Walsh, 18-months old, was pronounced dead late Saturday. His 2-year-old cousin Jayvien Watkins was pronounced dead about an hour and a half later Sunday, according to the Polk County Sheriff’s Office.
Deputies said the boys were missing for about 10 to 15 minutes before family members realized they were gone Friday evening.
The relatives began searching frantically and found the children in the pool. The pool had a fence around it, but Sheriff Grady Judd said the gate appeared open.
He called the incident a “tragic, tragic accident.”
The investigation is ongoing. Autopsies will be conducted on both boys.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Steering You Right Through The Week’s Road Closures
- Dangerous High Risk ‘High’ Flooding South Florida Streets
- Texas, Kansas To Back Florida Lawsuit Against Obama Administration
- State Rebuffed In Children’s Medicaid Fight
- Exclusive: Surveillance Tape Shows Mom Accused Of Abandoning Baby After Taking Flakka