DEERFIELD BEACH (CBSMiami/AP) — If you are looking to unload your old prescriptions from the medicine cabinet or be sure that your personal information is not compromised, the Broward Sheriff’s Office will help you Saturday by holding a shred-a-thon and prescription drug take back event.
The free event will take place Saturday at its Deerfield Beach substation.
A sheriff’s office press release says Operation Medicine Cabinet allows for residents to turn in unused or expired prescription medication.
The shred-a-thon where residents can safely dispose of their personal documents, check stubs, credit card offers, receipts and any other paperwork that has sensitive information. The service is free of charge and there’s a limit of five boxes per person.
These shredding events started in the county in May 2008.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Serious Accident Near Miami Seaquarium Ties Up Traffic
- Superheroes Soar Through Zoo Miami For ‘Live Like Bella’ Fundraiser
- 3-Year-Old Girl Undergoes Surgery After Being Mauled By Dog In Florida City
- Jose Fernandez’s Girlfriend Gives Birth To Baby Girl
- Dealership Taken For A Ride When $150K Maserati Disappears