ST. PETERSBURG (CBSMiami/AP) — A St. Petersburg man died after, police say, he confronted two men who were trying to steal a car from his driveway.
Investigators said , 53-year-old Floyd Lassiter got into a physical altercation with one of the thieves Saturday at about 1:30 a.m.
One of the suspects shot Lassiter multiple times in the upper torso and both then fled on foot.
The victim was taken to Bayfront Medical Center where he succumbed to his injuries.
Police said Lassiter’s home had been burglarized earlier in May and the keys to his cars stolen.
No suspects have been identified and the investigation is ongoing.
TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Den Of Thieves Is A High Octane Bank Heist Thriller
- No Bond For Rapper Kodak Black, Jailed Again On Multiple Charges
- Second Arrest Made In Armed Robbery, Shooting Of Off-Duty Doral Cop
- Shackled Siblings Were Starved, Tortured, Only Allowed To Shower Once A Year
- Heroes Among Us: Sam Kessler Flew Infamous WWII Bomber