ST. PETERSBURG (CBSMiami/AP) — A St. Petersburg man died after, police say, he confronted two men who were trying to steal a car from his driveway.
Investigators said , 53-year-old Floyd Lassiter got into a physical altercation with one of the thieves Saturday at about 1:30 a.m.
One of the suspects shot Lassiter multiple times in the upper torso and both then fled on foot.
The victim was taken to Bayfront Medical Center where he succumbed to his injuries.
Police said Lassiter’s home had been burglarized earlier in May and the keys to his cars stolen.
No suspects have been identified and the investigation is ongoing.
TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Milo Yiannopoulos’ Book Deal Canceled, Uninvited To Give Speech
- Speaker Offers Money For Visit Florida… With Conditions
- Video: Firefighters Brave The Flames At Miami Pizza Joint
- Trump Taps Military Strategist As National Security Adviser
- ‘Feels Like A God Moment’: High School Hero Who Helped Save Pinned Woman