DAVIE (AP) — The Miami Dolphins will likely turn to defense on the final day of the NFL draft.
Miami has five picks in the last four rounds and is the market for help at linebacker and in the secondary. The Dolphins opted for offensive help in the first three rounds, adding Tennessee right tackle Ja’Wuan James, Louisiana State receiver Jarvis Landry and North Dakota State tackle Billy Turner.
Linebackers Dannell Ellerbe and Philip Wheeler had disappointing seasons after signing free-agent deals with Miami a year ago, and the draft is deep in talent at the position. The Dolphins ranked 21st in defense last year and 24th against the run.
New general manager Dennis Hickey will also be in the market to improve depth at cornerback and safety.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Ravens Handle Dolphins 31-7 In Jay Cutler’s Debut
- Former Miami Dolphins Cornerback Arrested On Assault Charge
- Jay Cutler Impresses In Miami Dolphins Debut
- Cutler To Make Dolphins Debut As Miami Hosts Ravens In Second Preseason Game
- When Dolphins Players Need Fashion Advice They Go To Andre Branch