TAMPA (CBSMiami/AP) — It’s a baby boom at Busch Gardens in Tampa. The park is celebrating the births of three giraffes and an anteater.
The theme park announced this week that the reticulated giraffes were born March 12, 14 and 18 to three different mothers. Two of the babies were female, while the third was male. The girls stood around 5 feet 6 inches and weighed more than 100 pounds at birth. The boy was more than 6 feet tall and weighed nearly 150 pounds.
Click here to view pictures.
All three giraffes will on display in the coming weeks.
The park also says that a tamanduas, commonly known as a lesser anteater, was born April 13.
The mother and pup remain behind-the-scenes with Busch Gardens’ animal care team.
TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- CBS4 Exclusive: Family Speaks Out After Road Rage Shooting Leaves Man In Coma
- FBI Releases Pics Of Armed Sunrise Bank Robbers In Hazmat Gear
- Reproductive Rights At Forefront Of FIU Rally
- 7 Earth-Size Planets Found In Habitable Zone Outside Our Solar System
- Trump Sends Tillerson To Smooth Tensions With Australia, Mexico