MIAMI (CBSMiami) – Mother’s Day came a couple days early for a South Florida mother who thought her son would be far away serving the country in Afghanistan.
Marta Torres, who works in the maintenance department at Gulliver Schools, received quite the surprise when her son, with a balloon and flowers in hand, showed up at her work.
The moment was captured on video. By standers clapped while mother and son embraced in the halls of the school.
Torres’s son has been serving in Afghanistan for the past seven months.
- Mother Arrested After Teen Passes Out Pot Candy In School
- Centuries-Old Drink Gaining Popularity With Health-Conscious
- Researchers Find Cardio Is Best For Weight Loss, Study Finds
- American College Of Physicians Wants Substance Abuse To Be Treated As Chronic Medical Condition
- City, County, State Work Together To Prevent Spread Of Zika Virus