MIAMI (CBSMiami) – Mother’s Day came a couple days early for a South Florida mother who thought her son would be far away serving the country in Afghanistan.
Marta Torres, who works in the maintenance department at Gulliver Schools, received quite the surprise when her son, with a balloon and flowers in hand, showed up at her work.
The moment was captured on video. By standers clapped while mother and son embraced in the halls of the school.
Torres’s son has been serving in Afghanistan for the past seven months.
- Avoid Eating Romaine Lettuce After E. Coli Outbreak, Says CDC
- 9 States, Including Florida, Part Of Massive Egg Recall Due To Salmonella Concerns
- Night Owls Risk Dying Younger, Study Says
- Bathroom Hand Dryers Spray Feces Particles On Your Hands, Study Says
- Oil From Cannabis Used To Treat Anxiety, Depression