South Florida Mom Gets Early Mother’s Day Surprise
MIAMI (CBSMiami) – Mother’s Day came a couple days early for a South Florida mother who thought her son would be far away serving the country in Afghanistan.
Marta Torres, who works in the maintenance department at Gulliver Schools, received quite the surprise when her son, with a balloon and flowers in hand, showed up at her work.
The moment was captured on video. By standers clapped while mother and son embraced in the halls of the school.
Torres’s son has been serving in Afghanistan for the past seven months.
- Health Officials: International Traveler Had Measles While In South Florida
- Marlins Stolen-Base Champ Dee Gordon Teams With Blechman Foundation to “Dee-Feat” Parkinson’s
- Amy’s Kitchen Issues Recall Over Listeria Concerns
- Florida #2 For Number Of Uninsured In State
- Apple Watch & ResearchKit Raise Privacy Concerns