MIAMI (CBSMiami) – Mother’s Day came a couple days early for a South Florida mother who thought her son would be far away serving the country in Afghanistan.
Marta Torres, who works in the maintenance department at Gulliver Schools, received quite the surprise when her son, with a balloon and flowers in hand, showed up at her work.
The moment was captured on video. By standers clapped while mother and son embraced in the halls of the school.
Torres’s son has been serving in Afghanistan for the past seven months.
- Zika Making National Headlines But Local Health Expert Says Nothing To Fear
- Health Officials: 4 New Possible Cases Of Non-Travel Related Zika In Dade, Broward
- Gov. Scott Holds Roundtable On Zika Preps In Broward
- Florida’s 1st Medical Marijuana Dispensary To Open In Tallahassee
- CDC: Zika Can Be Present In Blood More Than A Week Later