Dania Beach (CBSMiami) – Rip currents are making the beaches a little treacherous in parts of South Florida.
On Dania Beach, the Broward Sheriff Fire Rescue transported two people to the hospital, but both are expected to be okay.
The lifeguard CBS4’s Carey Codd spoke to said it was a man and a woman in their late teens or early 20s who got caught in a rip current. The woman reportedly started panicking and swallowing water.
That lifeguard said numerous people have been pulled from the water Friday due to the rip currents not only on Dania Beach, but also on Miami Beach.
“If you maintain yourself, calm and let the rip take you out as far as it can take you which shouldn’t be too long as soon as you don’t feel that pull anymore, the best you can do is swim parallel side to side and then swim diagonal into the beach so you don’t get stuck back into the rip current,” said ocean lifeguard Cyrus Writer.
- CBS4 Exclusive: Search Warrants Reveal New Details In FLL Video Leak Investigation
- Anti-Trump Protesters Take Over Streets Of Miami
- Trump Sworn In As 45th U.S. President
- Shoppers Terrified Over Pepper Spray Attacks
- Trump Supporters Say They Believe In The New ‘Commander-In-Chief’