PEMBROKE PINES (CBSMiami) — A man is behind bars, accused of living off earnings from prostitution from an alleged brothel in a Pembroke Pines apartment complex, according to police.
Police arrested Sergio Manuel Arroyo, 41, on Thursday, May 9th.
He faces five counts of living off earnings from prostitution and one count of renting space to be used for prostitution.
According to the Sun-Sentinel, an anonymous tip on April 23rd led officers to the San Tropez Apartments located at 7800 block of Northwest 3rd Street.
Police told the paper an investigation led them to Unit 205. When authorities went in, they found Arroyo, another man and five women.
“It appeared that Mr. Arroyo lived and maybe worked at one apartment and the females worked at the other apartment, which is in the adjacent building,” Capt. Al Xiques told the paper. “Mr. Arroyo happened to be at the apartment with the women and a ‘John’ at the time that the search warrants were executed.”
Arroyo is being held on a $5,300 bond. Police told the paper more arrests and charges are expected.
- Employees At Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood Int’l Airport Demand Training For Emergency Situations
- Students Sickened After Taking Unknown Substance At School
- E.T. Found? NASA’s Mystery Announcement Spurs Speculation
- Trump’s Twitter War Of Words, Called Out For ‘Slut-Shaming’ Gillibrand
- Would-Be Teen Burglar Shot in Fort Lauderdale