Keys Man Arrested For Having Mutilated Turtle, Marine Violations
Get Breaking News First
South Florida Crime
MARATHON (CBSMiami/AP) — A man is being held in the Florida Keys without bond on charges that he had a mutilated a sea turtle in his possession and had violated marine regulations.
Monroe County Jail records show 37-year-old Serguei Perez-Perdomo of Marathon was being held Friday on three counts for violation saltwater fish regulations and one count for destroying, selling or molesting turtles or eggs or nests.
A sheriff’s office report says deputies received a tip that a man placed a cooler in some mangroves. Inside were 212 out-of-season lobster tails, undersized stone crab claws and a turtle that had been butchered for its meat.
Deputies saw Perez-Perdomo putting the cooler in his truck. He later acknowledged that the cooler was his.
Jail records did not list an attorney.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Suspicious Item Being Removed From MIA Terminal, Person In Custody
- Exclusive: Arrest Made Days After Shooting Victim’s Plea For Justice
- Toha Will Not Testify In His Own Defense At Murder Trial
- Court Rejects Red-Light Citation For Rental Car Driver
- Co-Chairs Host Leadership Breakfast For 2015 Broward Heart Walk