Social Media Atwitter Over Johnny Football’s Slide
NEW YORK (AP) — Even the NFL’s official Twitter account is piling on Johnny Manziel’s slide in the draft.
After the Dallas Cowboys became the 16th team to pass on the Heisman Trophy-winning quarterback from Texas A&M on Thursday night, the league tweeted: “#SadManziel???”
The polarizing player’s agonizing wait was the perfect fodder for social media, with the hashtag “BeforeManzielGetsDrafted” trending on Twitter.
With the Cowboys’ pick coming up, a guy who knows something about slipping in the draft chimed in. Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers tweeted: “This should be an interesting 10 minutes.”
In 2005, Rodgers fell to the 24th pick as the TV cameras chronicled his distress just as they did for Johnny Football on Thursday.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Jennings’ Moves Pay Off And Marlins Beat Orioles 5-2
- Hurricanes Pick Up Another Comeback Win At ACC Tournament
- Marlins Face Orioles Looking For First Series Win In Weeks
- Jennings Gets 1st Win, Marlins Top Orioles 1-0 In 13 Innings
- Marlins Place Starters Alvarez, Latos On Disabled List