Social Media Atwitter Over Johnny Football’s Slide
Sports Fan Insider
NEW YORK (AP) — Even the NFL’s official Twitter account is piling on Johnny Manziel’s slide in the draft.
After the Dallas Cowboys became the 16th team to pass on the Heisman Trophy-winning quarterback from Texas A&M on Thursday night, the league tweeted: “#SadManziel???”
The polarizing player’s agonizing wait was the perfect fodder for social media, with the hashtag “BeforeManzielGetsDrafted” trending on Twitter.
With the Cowboys’ pick coming up, a guy who knows something about slipping in the draft chimed in. Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers tweeted: “This should be an interesting 10 minutes.”
In 2005, Rodgers fell to the 24th pick as the TV cameras chronicled his distress just as they did for Johnny Football on Thursday.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Saturday Night May Be Stanton’s Turn To Shine
- Jacksonville Jaguars Place All Of Their Eggs In Basket Of Blake Bortles
- Fins Take On The Tech World To Improve Their Game
- Miami’s Defensive Leaders Hoping For Strong Finish
- 5 NFL Rookies To Shine In 2014