NEW YORK (AP) — Even the NFL’s official Twitter account is piling on Johnny Manziel’s slide in the draft.
After the Dallas Cowboys became the 16th team to pass on the Heisman Trophy-winning quarterback from Texas A&M on Thursday night, the league tweeted: “#SadManziel???”
The polarizing player’s agonizing wait was the perfect fodder for social media, with the hashtag “BeforeManzielGetsDrafted” trending on Twitter.
With the Cowboys’ pick coming up, a guy who knows something about slipping in the draft chimed in. Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers tweeted: “This should be an interesting 10 minutes.”
In 2005, Rodgers fell to the 24th pick as the TV cameras chronicled his distress just as they did for Johnny Football on Thursday.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Prolific Davis Lifts Pelicans Past Heat In OT, 124-123
- Fmr. Miami Dolphins Player Jonathan Martin Detained By Police Over Instagram Post
- Heroes Among Us: Sergeant Marcus O’Sullivan Impacted Many Of His Fellow Soldiers
- Marlins Honor Stoneman Douglas Shooting Victims In Spring Opener
- Keidel: Who Does Deontay Wilder Need To Fight?