METAIRIE, La. (AP) — The New Orleans Saints have drafted Oregon State wide receiver Brandin Cooks 20th overall after trading with Arizona to move up from the 27th slot in the first round of the NFL draft on Thursday night.
In addition to the 27th overall pick, the Saints also sent their third-round pick, the 91st overall, to the Cardinals
Cooks caught 128 passes for 1,730 yards and 16 touchdowns in 2013, when he won the Biletnikoff award as the top receiver in the nation.
The 5-foot-10, 190-pound Cooks joins one of the NFL’s elite passing attacks.
With Drew Brees at quarterback, the Saints ranked second in the NFL in passing last year, but this offseason have released receiver Lance Moore and traded running back Darren Sproles, who was also a receiving threat.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal Advance To Miami Open Quarters
- Caldwell On Panthers Season: “It Felt Like Everything Went Wrong”
- Lamar Odom Regrets Affairs, Says Cocaine Helped End Career
- Michael Irvin Denies Accusations Of Sexual Assault, Says Woman Is Lying
- Richt On Canes QB Battle: “We Probably Won’t Name A Starter Until Deep Into Camp”