METAIRIE, La. (AP) — The New Orleans Saints have drafted Oregon State wide receiver Brandin Cooks 20th overall after trading with Arizona to move up from the 27th slot in the first round of the NFL draft on Thursday night.
In addition to the 27th overall pick, the Saints also sent their third-round pick, the 91st overall, to the Cardinals
Cooks caught 128 passes for 1,730 yards and 16 touchdowns in 2013, when he won the Biletnikoff award as the top receiver in the nation.
The 5-foot-10, 190-pound Cooks joins one of the NFL’s elite passing attacks.
With Drew Brees at quarterback, the Saints ranked second in the NFL in passing last year, but this offseason have released receiver Lance Moore and traded running back Darren Sproles, who was also a receiving threat.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Pete Prisco Mock Draft: Giants Take Darnold
- Corey Chavous: Bradley Chubb Is The Top Prospect In The Draft In My Evaluation
- Attorney Says Jose Fernandez Probe Has Ruined His Family And Legacy
- Olympic Athletes Testify To Senate Subcommittee During Olympic Abuse Hearing
- Jrue Holiday Is Why The Pelicans Lead The Trail Blazers