OWINGS MILLS, Md. (AP) — The Baltimore Ravens have selected Alabama linebacker C.J. Mosley with the 17th overall pick in the NFL draft.
The 6-foot-2, 234-pound Mosley won the Butkus Award as the nation’s top linebacker in 2013 and was the SEC defensive player of the year. He started all 13 games at weak inside linebacker and was Alabama’s leading tackler for the second consecutive season.
Baltimore lost linebackers Jameel McClain and Arthur Jones during the offseason.
SLIDESHOW: Inside The 2014 NFL Draft
The Ravens were also looking for a safety, but passed on Calvin Pryor of Louisville and Alabama’s Ha Ha Clinton-Dix.
Before the draft, Baltimore lost a coin flip with the Dallas Cowboys, who picked 16th. Dallas took Notre Dame offensive tackle Zack Martin, a player the Ravens coveted at a position they need to fill.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Harlem Globetrotters More Than Just Flashy Tricksters
- Panthers Return Home From Marvelous Road Trip Ready For Playoff Push
- Mentoring Matters: The Boxing Queen Of Pompano A Champion At Life
- Mariners’ Martin Tells Of Threats In Cuban Smuggling Trial
- DiRocco on Dolphins Trade: “The Jags Didn’t Use Thomas The Way He Should Be Used”