ST. LOUIS (AP) — The St. Louis Rams used their second pick of the first round to bolster their defensive front, taking Pittsburgh defensive tackle Aaron Donald with the 13th overall selection Thursday night.
The 6-foot-1, 285-pound Donald won the Nagurski and Bednarik awards as the nation’s best defensive player, and the Outland and Lombardi as the country’s best lineman.
Donald was the team captain last season and thrived in a 3-4 alignment, leading the nation in tackles for loss. He ran a 4.68-second, 40-yard dash at the combine.
SLIDESHOW: Inside The 2014 NFL Draft
The Rams took Auburn offensive tackle Greg Robinson with the second overall pick, the final payout from the Robert Griffin III trade with the Redskins in 2012.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Southridge Rallies Back With Pope Touchdown, Spartans Win 8A Championship
- Wright’s Two Scores, Chiefs Defense Powers Carol City To 6A Crown
- Panthers At Home, Trying To Turn Around 4-Game Skid
- Heat Head To Chicago For 2nd Meeting With Wade’s Bulls
- Shivers, Chaminade Can’t Overcome Trinity Christian; Lions Fall In 3A Title Game