Rams Draft DT Donald With 13th Overall Pick
ST. LOUIS (AP) — The St. Louis Rams used their second pick of the first round to bolster their defensive front, taking Pittsburgh defensive tackle Aaron Donald with the 13th overall selection Thursday night.
The 6-foot-1, 285-pound Donald won the Nagurski and Bednarik awards as the nation’s best defensive player, and the Outland and Lombardi as the country’s best lineman.
Donald was the team captain last season and thrived in a 3-4 alignment, leading the nation in tackles for loss. He ran a 4.68-second, 40-yard dash at the combine.
SLIDESHOW: Inside The 2014 NFL Draft
The Rams took Auburn offensive tackle Greg Robinson with the second overall pick, the final payout from the Robert Griffin III trade with the Redskins in 2012.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Charles Davis on Dolphins: Everyone is Gonna Have Trouble With That Front
- This Week In College Football: Opening Weekend Viewing Guide
- Pats’ Kraft: Deflategate is Most Overblown Story
- Top Dolphins Position Battles Heading Into Final Preseason Game
- Andre Berto: My Life As The Guy That’s Going To Beat Floyd Mayweather