SUNRISE (CBSMiami) — The U.S. Airways captain who landed a jet liner in the Hudson River is making a stop in South Florida.
Captain Chelsey “Sully” Sullenberger landed flight 1549 in the river to avoid crashing in 2009, saving the lives of 155 people on board.
On Saturday, May 10 he will give a commencement speech to the 2014 graduating class at Nova Southeastern University.
The graduation will bet at the BB&T Center in Sunrise and starts at 4: 00 p.m.
- CBS4 Launches News Briefs For Amazon Alexa Ahead Of New Echo, Fire Devices
- Trump: ‘Tremendously Confident We’re Going To Win In Florida.’
- Roads Reopened After Report Of Suspicious Package In Doral
- Judge Delays Decision On Missing Marijuana Question On Some Ballots
- Deputies Release Sketch Of Serial Robber In Deerfield Beach