SUNRISE (CBSMiami) — The U.S. Airways captain who landed a jet liner in the Hudson River is making a stop in South Florida.
Captain Chelsey “Sully” Sullenberger landed flight 1549 in the river to avoid crashing in 2009, saving the lives of 155 people on board.
On Saturday, May 10 he will give a commencement speech to the 2014 graduating class at Nova Southeastern University.
The graduation will bet at the BB&T Center in Sunrise and starts at 4: 00 p.m.
- Police Pursuing Charges Against Teens Who Mocked Drowning Man
- President Donald J. Trump’s Weekly Address & Democratic Response
- Kushner Discloses Additional $10M In Assets
- Body Cam: Las Vegas Police Open Fire On Suspect In Parking Lot
- Report: AG Jeff Sessions Did Discuss 2016 Campaign With Russia Ambassador