SUNRISE (CBSMiami) — The U.S. Airways captain who landed a jet liner in the Hudson River is making a stop in South Florida.
Captain Chelsey “Sully” Sullenberger landed flight 1549 in the river to avoid crashing in 2009, saving the lives of 155 people on board.
On Saturday, May 10 he will give a commencement speech to the 2014 graduating class at Nova Southeastern University.
The graduation will bet at the BB&T Center in Sunrise and starts at 4: 00 p.m.
- CBS4 Exclusive: Safety Warning From Surfside Police After Store Manager’s Purse Is Stolen
- Raul Castro Exit’s Cuba’s Presidency, New Leader Named
- ‘This Was An Education’: President Trump On His Visit To Key West
- Last Caribou Herd On U.S. Mainland ‘Functionally Extinct’, Experts Say
- Target Plans To Walk Items To Your Car In Florida