SUNRISE (CBSMiami) — The U.S. Airways captain who landed a jet liner in the Hudson River is making a stop in South Florida.
Captain Chelsey “Sully” Sullenberger landed flight 1549 in the river to avoid crashing in 2009, saving the lives of 155 people on board.
On Saturday, May 10 he will give a commencement speech to the 2014 graduating class at Nova Southeastern University.
The graduation will bet at the BB&T Center in Sunrise and starts at 4: 00 p.m.
- Hollywood Woman’s Key Decisions Help Her Survive Armed Carjacking
- Exclusive: Plantation PD Detective Fired For Texting Sexually Explicit Video To Woman
- Cameras Catch Armed Robber Nonchalantly Case Store Before Stealing Jewelry
- Hialeah Apartment Complex Severely Damaged By Lightning Strike
- Former Canadian Consul Declares: “I Was Not A Bad Mother.”