SUNRISE (CBSMiami) — The U.S. Airways captain who landed a jet liner in the Hudson River is making a stop in South Florida.
Captain Chelsey “Sully” Sullenberger landed flight 1549 in the river to avoid crashing in 2009, saving the lives of 155 people on board.
On Saturday, May 10 he will give a commencement speech to the 2014 graduating class at Nova Southeastern University.
The graduation will bet at the BB&T Center in Sunrise and starts at 4: 00 p.m.
- Nationwide Rallies Call For Climate Justice & Clean Energy Economy
- Trump To NRA: ‘You Have A True Friend In The White House’
- Former Officer Charged With Hitting Kids With Car, Killing 1
- Touching Tribute To Local Veterans During Honor Flight South Florida
- Disturbing Sex Trend ‘Stealthing’ Raising Legal & Ethical Concerns