KEY BISCAYNE (CBSMiami) – Naming a baby is no easy-feat. The Miami Seaquarium, following the birth of a dolphin at the park, launched a social media campaign in search of name—and a name has been chosen!
The Seaquarium created a Facebook contest to name the female dolphin calf born on April 11th. The four options were: Fiji, Bali, Sanibel or Calypso.
Low and behold the social media mass has spoken and the dolphin calf has been named—Calypso.
Calypso is the baby of the fourth calf to mom Panama, a 20-year-old dolphin.
On average, a dolphin calf will weigh anywhere between 35-45 pounds and is 3 ½ to 4 feet long.
In honor of baby Calypso, and with Mother’s Day around the corner, guests who bring in a Mother’s Day card for Panama will receive half-off admission for up to four people on May 10 and 11.
- Fake Vet Running Clinic Out Of His Apartment Sought By Hialeah Police
- Scary Week For South Florida Parents
- School Shooting Survivor Calls For ‘Die-In’ Protest At Publix Supermarkets
- No Charges To Be Filed Against Miami-Dade Police Officer In Fatal Shooting
- Exclusive: Man Passing Counterfeit Bills At Target Store May Be Part Of Ring