BEREA, Ohio (AP) — Johnny Football’s long wait is over.
The Cleveland Browns selected Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel with the 22nd overall pick of the NFL draft on Thursday night, moving up to nab college football’s most exciting player who waited most of the first round to be selected.
The Browns made two earlier trades and passed on Manziel. With a chance to land him again, the Browns traded with Philadelphia and jumped from No. 26 to No. 22 to nab Johnny Football, who walked on Radio Music City Hall’s stage doing his signature “money” gesture.
SLIDESHOW: Inside The 2014 NFL Draft
Manziel will certainly sell tickets in Cleveland, but the Browns need him to win and there are questions about the 5-foot-11 QB’s durability.
Manziel is expected to compete with Brian Hoyer, who is coming off knee surgery.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Panthers To Honor Founder H. Wayne Huizenga By Retiring Number 37
- Dolphins Week 14 Injury Report: Fins Healthy Enough To Upset Patriots Monday Night
- Adam Gase Still Looking For First Win Over Patriots As Dolphins Head Coach
- Wrestler Rich Swann Arrested, Charged With Battery Of Wife
- Dragic, Johnson Help Heat Beat Nets In Mexico City