Johnny Football Joins Browns
BEREA, Ohio (AP) — Johnny Football’s long wait is over.
The Cleveland Browns selected Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel with the 22nd overall pick of the NFL draft on Thursday night, moving up to nab college football’s most exciting player who waited most of the first round to be selected.
The Browns made two earlier trades and passed on Manziel. With a chance to land him again, the Browns traded with Philadelphia and jumped from No. 26 to No. 22 to nab Johnny Football, who walked on Radio Music City Hall’s stage doing his signature “money” gesture.
SLIDESHOW: Inside The 2014 NFL Draft
Manziel will certainly sell tickets in Cleveland, but the Browns need him to win and there are questions about the 5-foot-11 QB’s durability.
Manziel is expected to compete with Brian Hoyer, who is coming off knee surgery.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Prado’s RBI Double In 11th Gives Marlins 6-5 Win Over Mets
- Bailey Jr on Quarterback U: ‘Brad Kaaya Will Fit Right In’
- Perkins: Miami Dolphins Receivers ‘Have The Potential to Be Special’
- Report: NFL Owners Discussing Changes to Roger Goodell’s Role
- Report: Marlins Make Front-Office Changes, Fire Pro Scout