BEREA, Ohio (AP) — Johnny Football’s long wait is over.
The Cleveland Browns selected Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel with the 22nd overall pick of the NFL draft on Thursday night, moving up to nab college football’s most exciting player who waited most of the first round to be selected.
The Browns made two earlier trades and passed on Manziel. With a chance to land him again, the Browns traded with Philadelphia and jumped from No. 26 to No. 22 to nab Johnny Football, who walked on Radio Music City Hall’s stage doing his signature “money” gesture.
SLIDESHOW: Inside The 2014 NFL Draft
Manziel will certainly sell tickets in Cleveland, but the Browns need him to win and there are questions about the 5-foot-11 QB’s durability.
Manziel is expected to compete with Brian Hoyer, who is coming off knee surgery.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Prolific Davis Lifts Pelicans Past Heat In OT, 124-123
- Fmr. Miami Dolphins Player Jonathan Martin Detained By Police Over Instagram Post
- Heroes Among Us: Sergeant Marcus O’Sullivan Impacted Many Of His Fellow Soldiers
- Marlins Honor Stoneman Douglas Shooting Victims In Spring Opener
- Keidel: Who Does Deontay Wilder Need To Fight?