Johnny Football Joins Browns
BEREA, Ohio (AP) — Johnny Football’s long wait is over.
The Cleveland Browns selected Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel with the 22nd overall pick of the NFL draft on Thursday night, moving up to nab college football’s most exciting player who waited most of the first round to be selected.
The Browns made two earlier trades and passed on Manziel. With a chance to land him again, the Browns traded with Philadelphia and jumped from No. 26 to No. 22 to nab Johnny Football, who walked on Radio Music City Hall’s stage doing his signature “money” gesture.
SLIDESHOW: Inside The 2014 NFL Draft
Manziel will certainly sell tickets in Cleveland, but the Browns need him to win and there are questions about the 5-foot-11 QB’s durability.
Manziel is expected to compete with Brian Hoyer, who is coming off knee surgery.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Campbell Pinch Single Breaks Tie, Helps Mets Beat Miami 5-1
- Fisher on Satellite Camps: ‘When Does Your Staff Get a Break?’
- Mike Tannenbaum Won’t Rule Out Adding Help at Guard
- Former Marlins General Manager Dave Dombrowski Out As Tigers GM
- David Feherty On WGC-Bridgestone Invitational: ‘Have To Use Every Club In The Bag’