PHILADELPHIA (AP) — The Philadelphia Eagles have selected Louisville linebacker Marcus Smith with the 26th pick in the NFL draft after trading four spots down with the Cleveland Browns.
The 6-foot-3, 251-pound Smith is a versatile player with experience at defensive end. He projects at outside linebacker in Philadelphia’s 3-4 defense.
Smith is the first linebacker drafted in the first round by the Eagles since Jerry Robinson in 1979.
SLIDESHOW: Inside The 2014 NFL Draft
Coach Chip Kelly passed on quarterback Johnny Manziel at No. 22 and sent the pick to the Browns for No. 26 and a third-round choice (No. 83). Kelly recruited Manziel at Oregon and recently said Johnny Football’s decision to go to Texas A&M broke his heart. But the Eagles are set at quarterback with Pro Bowl co-MVP Nick Foles.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Recap: Miami Hurricanes Overcome Slow Start To Beat Toledo 52-30
- LeBron Calls President Trump A ‘Bum’ In Defense Of Steph Curry
- Marlins Luminaries Conine, Dawson, Perez Part Of Sale Purge
- Trump Tells NBA Star Steph Curry That White House Visit Is Off
- FSU QB Blackman Gets 1st Start For Seminoles Vs NC State