NEW YORK (AP) — Players attending the NFL draft get to choose a song that will be played when they walk on stage after being selected.
It’s a first for the league, which has a record 30 players at Radio City Music Hall.
Jadeveon Clowney, who went No. 1 to the Houston Texans, greeted Commissioner Roger Goodell with “The Man” by Aloe Blacc.
Johnny Manziel’s song “Draft Day” by Drake was no surprise. After all, his name is in the lyrics. Drake was also the choice of wide receivers Mike Evans and Sammy Watkins.
Khalil Mack and Greg Robinson both went with the hit song “Happy” by Pharrell Williams.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Pavel Datsyuk Scores 2 In 3rd, Red Wings Beat Panthers 3-0
- Miami Jackson Makes History, Hires Female Head Coach
- Wannstedt: “I Was A Little Disappointed By Carolina’s Offensive Attack”
- MLB Player Delmon Young Charged With Attacking Attendant At Miami Hotel
- Canes Move Up To No. 12 In AP Poll And No. 11 In USA Today Poll