Chiefs Draft Auburn DE Dee Ford In First Round
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) — The Kansas City Chiefs selected Auburn defensive end Dee Ford with the No. 23 overall pick in the NFL draft Thursday night, landing a potential replacement for Tamba Hali or Justin Houston.
With only one selection in the first two rounds, Kansas City was thought to be trying to trade out of its pick. But general manager John Dorsey and coach Andy Reid wound up with Ford, eschewing a wide receiver or defensive back that could have filled bigger holes.
Hali turns 31 in November while Houston is due to become a free agent after the upcoming season. Ford will likely move to outside linebacker and be groomed as a replacement.
Ford made 10 1/2 sacks for the Tigers last season.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Koehler’s Struggles Continue In Marlins’ 5-1 Loss To Nats
- Dolfan On Sun Life Renovations: “Haven’t Been This Excited In A Long Time”
- Dolphins Defeat Falcons 13-9 For First Preseason Win
- Report: Albert Not Expected Back Until Week 3; Pouncey Exits Early With Injury
- Marlins Look To Continue Stifling Nationals’ Playoff Chances