Marlins Ace Fernandez OK A Day After Being Hit
MIAMI (AP) — Miami Marlins pitcher Jose Fernandez said he’s feeling fine and won’t miss a turn after being hit by a batted ball.
Fernandez was struck on the inside of the left thigh during Sunday’s 5-4 win over the Los Angeles Dodgers. On Monday, he was selected as the National League Pitcher of the Month.
The 21-year-old right-hander was hit by a one-hopper off the bat of Dee Gordon. Fernandez remained in the game and pitched seven innings, and got a no-decision.
“There’s a little bruise,” Fernandez said. “But it’s fine. It’s not a problem. I already worked out and did everything I was supposed to do. So it’s fine.”
“(Sunday) night it was hurting a lot. But I woke up (Monday), and it was a lot better,” he said.
Fernandez is 4-1 with a 1.74 ERA in seven starts this season.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Marlins To Take On The Cubs
- Fernandez Homers And Gets Win As Marlins Complete Sweep Over Giants
- Jose Fernandez Returns As Marlins Look To Sweep Giants
- Bour Homers In 9th To Help Marlins Beat Giants 6-5
- Marlins’ Jose Fernandez Returns Following 13-Month Layoff