TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) — Jameis Winston has been reinstated to Florida State’s baseball team after being suspended following a shoplifting incident, the school confirmed Sunday. The Heisman Trophy winner was issued a civil citation and entered a program that required 20 hours of community service.
The 20-year-old two-sport star is the closer on the baseball team and missed the three-game series against Minnesota this weekend. He was issued the citation last Tuesday after he walked out of a supermarket without paying for $32 worth of crab legs and crawfish. Baseball coach Mike Martin conferred with football coach Jimbo Fisher and decided to suspend Winston until he completed the community service.
The 6-foot-4, 235-pound Winston led Florida State football team to an undefeated season and a national championship. He leads the Seminoles with five saves.
© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Crosby, Penguins Pummel Panthers 5-1
- Navarro On Hassan Whiteside: “You’re Asking A Lot Out Of That Guy”
- Dolphins Defense Needs Major Turnaround If Team Wants To Make Playoffs
- Andre Branch On Adam Gase: “He’s A Player’s Coach, We All Respect Him”
- Florida RB Cronkrite Transferring Following Sophomore Season