FT LAUDERDALE (CBSMiami) – More than two thousand people laced up their sneakers for the annual Walk like MADD/ MADD Dash 5K Sunday morning in downtown Ft. Lauderdale.
Mothers Against Drunk Driving hosted the event at Huizenga Park. Fifty nine teams raised more than $130,000 which will go toward educating the community on the dangers of drunk driving and provide victim support.
Guest speakers and VIP attendees included Ft. Lauderdale Mayor Jack Seiler, County Commissioner Chip La Marca, Broward Sheriff Scott Israel and honorary chairwoman Susan Israel.
MADD is a not-for-profit, grass roots organization that aids victims, and families of victims, of drunk driving and increases public awareness about this violent crime.
- Officials Release 911 Calls Made Following Deadly FIU Bridge Collapse
- Florida Bridge Collapse: Victim’s Family Sues Construction Firms
- Trump Hits China With Tariffs, Heightening Concerns Of Global Trade War
- Parkland Student: ‘Politicians Won’t Care Unless We Get Out There’
- Lawyer: $500K Bond Excessive For Shooting Suspect’s Brother, Wants Him Released