FT LAUDERDALE (CBSMiami) – More than two thousand people laced up their sneakers for the annual Walk like MADD/ MADD Dash 5K Sunday morning in downtown Ft. Lauderdale.
Mothers Against Drunk Driving hosted the event at Huizenga Park. Fifty nine teams raised more than $130,000 which will go toward educating the community on the dangers of drunk driving and provide victim support.
Guest speakers and VIP attendees included Ft. Lauderdale Mayor Jack Seiler, County Commissioner Chip La Marca, Broward Sheriff Scott Israel and honorary chairwoman Susan Israel.
MADD is a not-for-profit, grass roots organization that aids victims, and families of victims, of drunk driving and increases public awareness about this violent crime.
- Gov. Scott Visits Zika-Free Wynwood To Help Boost Business
- Exclusive: Reporter Shares What He Says Is Proof Of Trump’s Illegal Dealings In Cuba
- Person Stabbed At Lauderdale Lakes High School Football Game
- Matthew Keeps Gaining Strength, Becomes Category 5 Hurricane
- Concern Over Cyber Threat To Election Systems Prompts Meeting Between State, Feds