Two Thousand Walk Like MADD In Ft. Lauderdale
Get Breaking News First
Taste Of The Town
FT LAUDERDALE (CBSMiami) – More than two thousand people laced up their sneakers for the annual Walk like MADD/ MADD Dash 5K Sunday morning in downtown Ft. Lauderdale.
Mothers Against Drunk Driving hosted the event at Huizenga Park. Fifty nine teams raised more than $130,000 which will go toward educating the community on the dangers of drunk driving and provide victim support.
Guest speakers and VIP attendees included Ft. Lauderdale Mayor Jack Seiler, County Commissioner Chip La Marca, Broward Sheriff Scott Israel and honorary chairwoman Susan Israel.
MADD is a not-for-profit, grass roots organization that aids victims, and families of victims, of drunk driving and increases public awareness about this violent crime.
- Women To Watch: Trend Tracker® Tara Gilani With Alexandra Villoch
- Family Won’t Give Up On Search For Missing Ft. Lauderdale Teen
- Family, Friends Of South Florida Journalist Held By ISIS Pray For His Safety
- Detective To Be Honored With Duplicate Award He Buried With Beloved Father
- Gov. Scott Wants Citizens Property Insur. To Watch Costs