MIAMI (CBSMiami) – A lower Keys man was charged after he reportedly broke into his ex-girlfriend’s car and house and damaged several items.
The woman called the Monroe County Sheriff’s Office around 8:30 p.m. Friday after she returned to her home on Big Pine Key found the damage. She said she had broken up with her boyfriend, 29-year old Drew Sterling, earlier that day. She said he moved all of his stuff out, but still had a key to the residence.
The woman told deputies she and a friend left her home around 5:15 p.m. When she returned, her iPad had been taken from her car and smashed under her house. Inside her house, she found her television screen smashed and her makeup dumped out on the floor and thrown around.
Deputies found a distinctive shoe print on the smashed TV screen.
When a deputy went to question Sterling, he asked to see his shoes. The sandals Sterling was wearing had nautical flags on the sole – the same imprint found on the TV screen. They were also the same size as the print.
Sterling was arrested and charged with burglary of a vehicle, burglary of a dwelling, grand theft and two counts of criminal mischief.
- Student Activists Head To Tallahassee With The Message “Never Again”
- Amazon’s Latest Prime Perk: 5% Cash Back At Whole Foods
- School Shooting Victims To Be Laid To Rest
- Passenger’s Non-Stop Farting Forces Flight To Make Emergency Landing
- Family Who Took In Confessed School Shooter Says There Were No Warning Signs