MIAMI (CBSMiami) — Rain will fall across South Florida Saturday. The first round moved through Saturday morning, but a frontal boundary approaching during the afternoon will lead to more unsettled weather.
Expect some localized flooding with any thunderstorms that develop during the afternoon.
The rain will be off and on through the day.
The threat of severe weather is minimal, but the threat for rain laden thunderstorms is moderate through the afternoon and into the early evening.
Wind gusts to 40 mph are possible
High temperatures will reach the upper 80s with most areas along the coast topping out around 87 degrees.
Winds will be out of the south and southwest early on, but will become northwesterly late Saturday into Sunday morning.
Saturday night, showers are possible with a few downpours. Lows will reach the lower 70s.
Rain moves out by Sunday afternoon. High Sunday will reach the middle 80s.
A dry stretch of weather continues into the middle of next week.
You can follow @bayscroggins on Twitter or “like” Meteorologist Bay Scroggins on Facebook for more weather updates.
- Tiny Snowmen Appear In Florida As Sunshine State Gets Snow
- Lows To Dip Into The 40s In South Florida This Weekend
- In The Mood For Cold Weather? There’s Some Coming To South Florida
- 215,000 Puerto Ricans Have Arrived In Florida Since Hurricane Maria
- Deadly Storm Could Prompt Big Changes By Florida Legislators