MIAMI (CBSMiami) – Investigators have identified the victim and suspect in a fight that left one man dead.
According to Broward Sheriff’s Deputies, Jacob Cagle, 23, stabbed his roommate Clarence Williams, 57, to death after the two got into a fight.
According to the Broward County Sheriff’s Office, a person called police about a commotion near 215 SW 2nd Street just before 5:15 a.m.
Investigators said the altercation between the roommates began inside the home and ended outside about four houses away.
“One of the roommates apparently stabbed the other one and that person was dead on scene,” said BSO spokeswoman, Dani Moschella.
Neighbors said they were shocked to see a man’s body on the ground.
“When I get up about five in the morning and saw the yellow tarp and all that it was kind of surprising to see somebody dead like that,” said Cleveland Daniels who lives nearby.
Alex Cruz recognized the victim. “He stayed right across the street. I don’t know him by name or anything like that but you just seen him say ‘Hi’ to him like that, but from what I understand they were in an argument. It just escalated,” said Cruz.
Deputies say Cagle was also injured and taken to the hospital. According to Moschella, he’ll be charged with one count of first degree murder.
If you have any additional information for investigators, call Broward Crime Stoppers at (954) 493-TIPS.
- EXCLUSIVE: ‘I Am Alive & I Am Here’: Victim Confronts Man She Says Tried To Kill Her
- Man’s Body Found Near Miami Int’l Airport Rental Lot
- Four Charged In Liberty City Gang Rape Of Woman
- Homeland Security Rolls Out Immigration Rules As New Trump Travel Ban Expected
- ‘Even If They’ve Been Good, They’ll Be Sent Back’: Rep. Ros-Lehtinen On Trump Immigration Agenda