LAKE WORTH (CBSMiami/AP) — A deputy shot a man suspected of attempting an armed robbery with shots fired in Lake Worth Saturday morning.
The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office says it is investigating the incident.
Authorities say deputies responded to the area of the suspected robbery near Sixth Avenue. Later, a patrolling deputy later encountered the suspect, whose name was not released. A foot chase ensued into an alley, where officials say the suspect pointed a gun toward the deputy, prompting the deputy to shoot.
The man was taken to Delray Medical where he was listed in critical condition with non-life threatening injuries.
The deputy, whose name was also not released, has been placed on administrative leave.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Marlins Pitcher Jose Fernandez, Two Others Killed In Boat Crash
- Police Searching For Suspects After Shooting At Wake Kills Two
- Coast Guard Finds 3 Bodies Off Islamorada
- CDC: 3 Wynwood Businesses At Epicenter Of 1st U.S. Zika Outbreak
- Tropical Storm Karl Passes Near Bermuda, Turns North