LAKE WORTH (CBSMiami/AP) — A deputy shot a man suspected of attempting an armed robbery with shots fired in Lake Worth Saturday morning.
The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office says it is investigating the incident.
Authorities say deputies responded to the area of the suspected robbery near Sixth Avenue. Later, a patrolling deputy later encountered the suspect, whose name was not released. A foot chase ensued into an alley, where officials say the suspect pointed a gun toward the deputy, prompting the deputy to shoot.
The man was taken to Delray Medical where he was listed in critical condition with non-life threatening injuries.
The deputy, whose name was also not released, has been placed on administrative leave.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- South Florida’s Iconic Stiltsville Survives Hurricane Irma
- Passengers Arrive At MIA From Mexico City With Tales Of Destruction
- Total Strangers Came Together To Help Irma Survivors
- Sen. Nelson In Keys To Get Look First Hand Look At Hurricane Damage
- Jose Remains Strong Tropical Storm Off U.S. East Coast