MIAMI (CBSMiami) — To help reduce gun violence, Miami Police are hosting a gun buy back event Saturday.
City of Miami Mayor Tomas Regalado will also be hosting the event which starts at 10:00 a.m. and lasts until 2:00 p.m.
Anyone who wants to get rid of their firearms is asked to drop it off at the Little Haiti Soccer Park, located at 6301 N.E. 2nd Avenue.
No questions will be asked to those handing in their firearms.
In return, those dropping off their items will get a gift card.
Anyone who turns in what police determine to be an “assault rifle” will receive a higher value gift card.
- Florida Keys Officials Investigate 9 Irma-Related Deaths, Need IDs
- Rubio, Curbelo Join Paul Ryan On Aerial Tour Of Keys Damage
- CBS4 Exclusive: Business Owner Says Looters Victimize 32 Metro PCS Stores During Irma
- Republicans Making Last-Ditch Effort To Repeal & Replace Obamcare
- Cavalry Arrives To Help Apartment Residents Camped Out In Parking Lot Of Condemned Buildings