LAKE BUENA VISTA (CBSMiami/AP) — Magic Kingdom’s new ride is set to open at the end of May.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Chairman Tom Staggs announced Friday the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train will open to the public on May 28th.
The ride will be the centerpiece of the New Fantasyland area inside the park.
The ride is a roller coaster aimed at the whole family. It does have a height requirement of 38 inches (97 cm).
It takes guests throughout the forested world of the dwarfs, then plunges them into a mine with glowing gems. Scenes and songs from the movie “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs” play during the ride, and animatronic dwarfs and animals also make an appearance.
There are some steep hills and quick plunges, and the coaster’s cars pivot back and forth.
TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Perry Goes For The Funny Bone With “Boo 2! A Madea Halloween”
- ‘Surprises: That’s What This Show Is About’: Luke Perry On Season 2 Of ‘Riverdale’
- ‘Ron Is Used To Getting His Way’: Brad Garrett On Butting Heads With Dr. Bull
- ‘We Were Really In This Family Sandwich’: Mark Feuerstein Talks Inspiration For ‘9JKL’
- The Force Is Strong For Man Who Built 2-Story Imperial Walker In Yard