CORAL SPRINGS (CBSMiami) – A small memorial sits outside a Coral Springs home where a three-year-old boy died of an apparent drowning.
The boy has been identified by police as Brandon Paul St. Onge.
Brandon’s parents, Jason and Vivian St. Onge, were at home in Coral Springs at the time of the incident.
Police believe the boy walked out of his home through a door in the back of the home while his mother, who neighbors say, was watering plants in the front yard. The boy’s father, according to police, was inside making dinner.
It appears, according to investigators, that Brandon was riding a child’s tricycle which was also found at the bottom of the pool.
The boy’s mother, police say, went to the backyard and found her son at the bottom of the pool.
Police were called out to the home around 6:35 PM. When they arrived, the boy was unrepsonsive.
Police said the father had already pulled the boy out and was performing CPR.
Investigators said the mother was only away from the child for about five minutes.
Neighbors of the family were saddened by the news.
“Terrible, Heartbreaking. Cause they’re such nice people,” said one neighbor.
- South Florida Under Flood Watch As Alberto Brings Heavy Rain Over Florida
- Revelers Making The Best Out of Rainy Memorial Day Weekend
- Soggy Weekend Ahead Thanks To Subtropical Storm Alberto
- Traffic Nightmare Ahead For Miami Beach During Memorial Day Weekend
- Publix Suspends Political Contributions Amid Protester “Die-in”