MIAMI (CBSMiami) – Anyone with an unwanted gun has a chance Saturday to turn it in for some cash—in the form of a gift certificate.
In an effort to reduce gun violence, the Mayor Tomas Regalado and the Miami Police Department will be hosting a Gun Buy Back Operation on Saturday.
The event will take place at the Little Haiti Soccer Park, located at 6301 NE 2nd Avenue, from 10 AM-2 PM.
Those turning in firearms will receive a gift certificate provided by sponsors—no questions asked. If what police determines to be an assault rifle is turned in, the owner will receive a higher value gift card.
- MDPD Releases Sketch Of Man Who Carjacked Mother & Pointed Gun At Baby’s Head
- Senate Looks To Revamp State College System
- Dogs Given New Life After Being Rescued From South Korean Slaughter Farm
- Teachers, Union Fear Trump Could “Decimate” Public School System
- Police Say Argument Between Roommates Led To Rape