MIAMI (CBSMiami) – Anyone with an unwanted gun has a chance Saturday to turn it in for some cash—in the form of a gift certificate.
In an effort to reduce gun violence, the Mayor Tomas Regalado and the Miami Police Department will be hosting a Gun Buy Back Operation on Saturday.
The event will take place at the Little Haiti Soccer Park, located at 6301 NE 2nd Avenue, from 10 AM-2 PM.
Those turning in firearms will receive a gift certificate provided by sponsors—no questions asked. If what police determines to be an assault rifle is turned in, the owner will receive a higher value gift card.
- Plane Headed To Miami From O’Hare Airport Catches Fire Before Takeoff
- Decision Made In Broward’s Missing Marijuana Ballot Question
- Disturbing New Details In Murder Of 65-Year-Old Cancer Survivor
- Ballot Breakdown: Broward Voters Decide If To Pay Up A Penny For Projects
- Indie Film Moonlight Has Roots In Miami