Children Shocked While In Hialeah Pool
Get Breaking News First
HIALEAH (CBSMiami) — Children playing in a Hialeah pool got a jolting experience when, police said, they were shocked on Sunday.
It all happened at 1950 West 56 Street.
“I was just at the pool with one of my friends and then I just hear screaming and they just take the two little girls out and they’re unconscious,” said Luis Calvino, a witness.
Calvino said he thought someone drowned after the hearing the commotion.
Five-year-old Daniella was in the pool of her apartment building with her brother and her 6-year-old playmate.
All three were shocked.
“I look outside the window and one guy is giving one of the little girls CPR….and the other girl had woken up and she was like crying on somebody’s shoulders,” said EJ Sosa, another witness.
Daniella’s cousin, Mayra Diaz, said her 5-year-old cousin was brought back to consciousness on her way to the hospital.
The children are in stable condition, according to family.
Police closed down the area, trying to keep anyone away while Florida Power and Light checked for any bad wiring.
While there was no word from authorities about what caused it, the water was tested after the incident.
The pool in the complex was shut down.
A building next to the pool displayed an unsafe building notice. The notice says a building inspector ordered that the building be vacated. It was signed with Sunday’s date. No word on whether that notice was posted before or after the incident.
The children’s relatives are calling for an investigation into how this could have happened.