Traffic Alert: Lane Changes Coming During South Beach Triathlon Sunday
MIAMI BEACH (CBSMiami) – As triathletes swim, bike and run toward the finish line of the 2014 Life Time South Beach Triathlon Sunday morning, drivers will need to take alternate routes to get around parts of Miami Beach.
Lanes will close and reopen as the triathletes make their way through the course.
Here is a list of what drivers can expect:
- 5th Street (Ocean Drive – Alton Road) 7:05-9:25 a.m. – 1 Westbound lane
- MacArthur Causeway (Westbound) 7:10-9:45 a.m. – 1 Westbound Lane and Shoulder
- NE 2nd Avenue (14th St – 36th St) (Northbound) 7:15-9:55 a.m. – Both NB Lanes
- Julia Tuttle Causeway (Eastbound) 7:20-10:05 – 1 Eastbound Lane and Shoulder
- Alton Rd. (Michigan, Dade Blvd, Prairie, Meridian) 7:25-10:10 a.m. – 1NB/1SB Lane
- Julia Tuttle Causeway (Westbound) 7:30-10:15 a.m. – 1 Westbound Lane and Shoulder
- NE 2nd Avenue (38th St – 51st St) 7:35-10:35 a.m. – Both NB and SB Lanes
- NE 2nd Avenue ( 14th St – 36th St) (Southbound) 7:40-10:45 a.m. – Both SB Lanes
- MacArthur Causeway (Eastbound) 7:45-10:50 a.m. – 1 Eastbound Lane and Shoulder
- Alton Rd. (South of 5th) 7:50-10:55 a.m. – 1 Southbound Lane
- Ocean Drive (South Pointe – 5th St) 7:55-11:00 a.m. – 1NB Lane
Officials expect all the race participants to be finished by 11 a.m.