Incognito Breaks Silence, Wants To Join New NFL Team
Dolphins CentralBuy DolphinsTickets
Shop for Dolphins Gear NFL Scoreboard NFL Standings Team STATS Team Schedule Team Roster Team Injuries
Sports Fan Insider
MIAMI (CBSMiami/AP) – Former Miami Dolphins guard Richie Incognito made his first public comments Tuesday since undergoing treatment after the team’s bullying scandal and a bizarre incident where he smashed up his Ferrari.
“I missed you guys,” Incognito told his more than 93,000 Twitter followers. “Thanks goes out to my family and friends for the tremendous amount of support.”
While the specific type of treatment wasn’t revealed, Incognito has previously spoken about battling anger issues and mental illness in the past.
Incognito’s name will forever be linked with the bullying scandal and offensive tackle Jonathan Martin. The former Dolphins tackle accused Incognito of bullying him and those accusations were confirmed in an independent report conducted for the National Football League.
The Dolphins have moved on from both players by not re-signing Incognito and trading Martin to the San Francisco 49ers.
Incognito said he does want to restart his career in the National Football League. Before the bullying scandal, Incognito was an above-average guard for the Dolphins. He’ll likely find work again because offensive linemen are always a hot commodity in the NFL.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)