Dolphins

Incognito Blasts Martin On Twitter

View Comments
Screenshot of Richie Incognito arriving in Davie at the Dolphins facilities on 11/21/13. (Source: CBS4)

Screenshot of Richie Incognito arriving in Davie at the Dolphins facilities on 11/21/13. (Source: CBS4)

Miami Dolphins
Upcoming Games

Buy Dolphins Tickets Full Schedule
Sunday Dec 7
vs. Ravens
Sunday Dec 21
vs. Vikings
Sunday Dec 28
vs. Jets
Dolphins Central
Shop for Dolphins Gear NFL Scoreboard NFL Standings Team STATS Team Schedule Team Roster Team Injuries
Miami Dolphins

DAVIE (CBSMiami) – The sad saga surrounding former Miami Dolphins offensive lineman Richie Incognito and tackle Jonathan Martin took another turn Wednesday when Incognito took to Twitter.

The Dolphins, Incognito, and Martin are all waiting on the final report from the NFL’s investigation headed by attorney Ted Wells. The Wells report could be released at any point in the next week to 10 days and should shed light on the entire chain of events.

But Incognito unleashed some tweets directed at his former teammate and the man who started the entire incident when he walked away from the Dolphins last season.

“I’m ready to move on with my life and career. I’ve been dragged through the mud for months by my ‘best friend.’ #betrayed #railroaded,” Incognito wrote on Twitter.

Incognito continued, “Dear Jon Martin…..The truth is going to bury you and your entire ‘camp’. You could have told the truth the entire time. Jon Martin —- you started all of this when Kenny Zimmerman released the VM to ESPN. The same VM we joked about with @brianhartline.”

Incognito was referring to an incendiary voicemail with racial epithets and “threats” that was given to ESPN at the height of the first weekend of the story. Since then, thousands of text messages between the two showed less of a bullied relationship and more of an almost brotherly relationship between the two players.

Incognito continued, “Kenny Zuckerman from Priority Sports….What do you have to say for your actions? Why did you release the VM. What was your goal.”

The Twitter rant continued with Incognito saying, “I’m guilty of being a loyal friend and good teammate. I apologize for my poor language and rude remarks. I’ve never denied it. I apologize to all of the women out there that I offended with my text messages to my close personal friend. FACT: Jonathan Martin told me he thought about taking his ow life in MAY 2013 b/c he wasn’t playing well. Told me he felt worthless.”

While Martin remains a member of the Miami Dolphins, team owner Stephen Ross said he most likely wouldn’t be back with the team next year. Incognito became an unrestricted free agent at the end of last season and will be free to sign with any team he wants before next season.

View Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus
Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,596 other followers