VP/Director Of Sales
CBS Television Stations South Florida
JOB TITLE: VP/Director of Sales
REPORTS TO: VP GM
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Directs the operation of the Sales Department, Traffic & Broadcast Operations. Sets policies, procedures and priorities for line managers to implement among all sales staff.
• Grow market share by generating new business.
• Recruit highest caliber candidates to maintain peak performance.
• Manage multiple projects to successful outcomes.
• Generate sales results for all key properties that meet or exceed company expectations.
• Established track record of new business development.
• Identifies economic and market trends which affect sales goals and create strategies to overcome them.
• Directs the activities of Sales Managers to assure that Station goals are met.
• Good interpersonal, negotiation and persuasive skills.
• Analytical, interpretive and strategic thinking ability.
• Executive, administrative, and supervisory skills.
• Knowledge of budgeting and forecasting.
• Must have extensive television sales / sales management experience.
• College degree and at least 7 years sales experience including at least 3 years sales management experience.
It is the continuing policy of CBS to afford equal employment opportunity to qualified Individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or disabled status; and to conform to applicable laws and regulations. This policy of equal employment covers all aspects of the employment relationship including application, initial employment, promotion, transfer, and selection for training opportunities and wage/salary administration. CBS recognizes that it’s continued growth and business success depends on the development and utilization of the full range of the nation’s human resources.