Residents Displaced After Fire In Miami Beach Building
South Florida Crime
MIAMI BEACH (CBSMiami) – A 30 unit building has been evacuated following an electrical fire that sparked sometime Saturday morning.
At approximately 11:30 AM, Miami Beach Fire Department received a call about a fire at the Alamo at 4121 Indian Creek Drive.
When firefighters arrived, they found an electrical fire in the rear of the building and called on Florida Power and Light to assist.
“It took awhile to get the fire out because it crept into the walls but luckily everyone made it out fine,” said Adonis Garcia of Miami Beach Fire Rescue.
The Red Cross was also called-out to assist the approximately 40 occupants of the 30 unit building that have been displaced and are in-need of shelter for the evening.
Charlie Cavanagh, visiting from England, was at the beach when the fire happened.
“When I came back there was all sorts of fire engines and ambulances stuff like that,” Cavanagh.
People who were staying at the Alamo are being put up in a hotel about 15-20 minutes away. It’s not clear when the building will be able to reopen.