Too Much Holiday Cheer? Call “Tow To Go”
Get Breaking News First
MIAMI (CBSMiami)– As the song says ‘It’s the most wonderful time of the year’ and it is until you have had too much to drink at a Christmas or New Year’s Eve celebration.
That’s why, once again, the AAA Auto Club has teamed up with Bud Light for their annual ‘Tow to Go’ program which offers a confidential ride home and tow – both free of charge.
You don’t even have to be a AAA member.
The Tow to Go program will provide safe rides home to intoxicated drivers through January 1st, 2014.
“Around Christmas and New Year’s Eve, calls for Tow to Go have historically spiked,” said Gerry Gutowski, Sr. Vice President, Automotive Services, The Auto Club Group. “AAA has always played a critical role each holiday weekend by protecting motorists on our roadways, however, it is everyone’s responsibility to make good decisions and always choose a designated driver if you have been drinking.”
Triple-A says since 1998, ‘Tow to Go’ has kept more than 22,000 drunk drivers off the roads and saved twice as many lives since it was designed to protect everyone on the roads, not just the intoxicated driver.
The number to call is (855) 2-TOW-2-GO or (855) 286-9246.
Important Tow To Go Guidelines:
- Tow trucks can take up to two people home; if there are more people in your party—you will need to make other arrangements to get home safely.
- It’s confidential local ride within a 10-mile radius to a safe location
- You can’t make an appointment to use the Tow to Go service, it is designed to be used as a last resort so have a designated driver before you have your first drink.
- If a person is too intoxicated to be safely transported in a tow truck, AAA may need to contact law enforcement to assist with getting the intoxicated individual a safe ride home.
- The AAA tow truck takes the vehicle and the driver home.